design our pepsi can . . .  







Consumers were invited to create their own designs for a pepsi can. Top designs, as determined by an in-house panel, were posted online where consumers voted the final winner. My only limitations were to use the 6 can colors and to keep the pepsi logo in the same place. I don't normally take the time to do things like this but I made a little time and busted out some designs. I've designed 10 or more products and packaging for the beverage industry, so I felt like I had a good chance .

Pepsi says the campaign is the result of an extensive global youth trends study which showed that young people embrace change and love personalization. To meet that desire for change, the company plans to change the design of the can 35 times this year. Another recent campaign had consumers design a billboard for the company, which is currently running in Times Square.

The winning design will be used on 500 million Pepsi cans. and get $10,000.

My designs weren't chosen as a finalist so now my ideas are given to pepsi for free . . . oh well.